Mission: To provide redevelopment and affordable housing opportunities to strengthen our neighborhoods.
Five-Year Vision: Become the preeminent development organization:
- In partnership with BLAEDC and EDA
- As an integral part of community success
- Through collaborative efforts with other community agencies
- Doing development in the city of Brainerd
- By remaining a high performer on Federal programs
- By assisting more people than ever before
Goals and Action Steps
- Continue the redevelopment of commercial, rental and owner-occupied properties in the City of Brainerd.
- Secure funding for rehab funds for NE Brainerd or other identified area.
- Continue the implementation of the Brainerd Riverfront Committee.
- Explore funding to acquire one to two more properties under the SSRP.
- Create a rental rehab program.
- Continue working with Brainerd Industrial Center and the NP Center.
- Continue providing high quality, safe and affordable housing for existing and potential residents and participants.
- Assist the City with revising the Rental Housing Maintenance Code
- Review, create and revise HRA policies where needed.
- Continue to monitor and fully fund the Housing Choice Voucher program to maintain our utilization at 100%.
- Conduct a physical needs assessment (PNA) on our public housing.
- Maintain a high performer status in PHAS
- Communicate effectively with our partners and the public to enhance collaboration.
- Partner/discuss with ISD 181 on addressing and supporting their needs.
- Continue to identify and communicate with our partners on HRA projects.
- Coordinate an informational tour with legislators with CWC HRA and Crosby HRA.
- Annually review and monitor management agreements with CWC HRA, Crosby HRA, and the City of Brainerd.
- Revitalize Downtown Brainerd
- Schedule a tour other downtowns.
- Identify partners to create/initiate a downtown cleanup program (events, community policy, support businesses) for a safe and attractive downtown.
- Continue to support Brainerd Restoration efforts.
- Assist and financially support existing and new downtown businesses through rehab, acquisition and other programs.
- Support the potential mini-park next to Blue Ox.
- Maintain and grow the overall health of the organization.
- Update job descriptions and conduct a wage study.
- Analyze the HRA’s current debt.
- Monitor federal funds – other HRAs.
- Conduct a policy review (commissioner led with staff).
- Update the personnel policy.
- Plan for succession and cross training.