Mission: To provide redevelopment and affordable housing opportunities to strengthen our neighborhoods.
Five-Year Vision: Become the preeminent development organization:
- In partnership with BLAEDC and EDA
- As an integral part of community success
- Through collaborative efforts with other community agencies
- Doing development in the city of Brainerd
- By maintaining a high performer on Federal programs
- By assisting more people than ever before
Goals and Action Steps
- Continue the redevelopment of commercial, rental and owner-occupied properties in the City of Brainerd.
- Prepare a succession plan for the rehab coordinator
- Begin the implementation of the Riverfront Partnership Plan
- Explore funding to acquire 1-2 more properties under the Scattered Site Replacement Program
- Survey NE Brainerd’s housing stock for a potential SCDP application
- Identify resources for rental rehab
- Assist the CWC HRA with the redevelopment of Brainerd Oaks
- Continue to explore options to assist in the revitalization of downtown Brainerd and formalize the relationship with Brainerd Restoration.
- Schedule a tour of other downtowns with our partners
- Assist the Northern Pacific Center and Brainerd Industrial Center with their redevelopment needs
- Explore refinancing the downtown TIF District bonds
- Continue providing high quality, safe and affordable housing for existing and potential residents and participants.
- Assist the City with revising the Rental Housing Maintenance Code
- Maintain High Performer Status and 100% SEMAP score
- Implement recommendations from the energy audit and physical needs assessment
- Review Brainerd HRA policies and revise where necessary
- Complete elevator upgrade and apply for additional grant funds for our public housing units
- Communicate effectively with our partners and the public to enhance collaboration.
- Revitalize the Healthy Community Partnership Housing Task Force
- Provide quarterly updates to the City Council
- Educate the community, City Council and partners on the Brainerd HRA
- Celebrate the Brainerd HRA’s 50th anniversary
- Hold staff introductions at Board meetings
- Hold semi-annual meetings with the Crow Wing County HRA and Crosby HRA and explore partnerships