1. Continue the redevelopment of commercial, rental and owner-occupied properties in the City of Brainerd.
- Explore funding for rehab around schools.
- Work with ISD 181 to identify homes being purchase and assist families in staying within the City of Brainerd.
- Support the River to Rail initiative and provide a quarterly update.
- Assist new or existing businesses to acquire funds for gap funding including BUF, IF and City Revolving Loan Program.
- Support the Brainerd Industrial Center and the NP Center in redevelopment initiatives.
2. Continue providing high quality, safe and affordable housing for existing and potential residents and participants.
- Continue to assist the City with revising the Rental Housing Maintenance Code.
- Apply for VASH vouchers.
- Continue to monitor and fully fund the Housing Choice Voucher program to maintain our utilization at 100%.
- Explore repositioning public housing options.
- Maintain a high performer status in PHAS.
3. Enhance collaboration and communication with partners and the public to support neighborhood growth and development.
- Continue to identify and communicate with our partners on HRA projects.
- Explore the Housing Supports program with Crow Wing County and Lutheran Social Services.
- Support the Brainerd Riverfront Committee’s plaza.
- Annually review and monitor management agreements with CWC HRA, Crosby HRA, and the City of Brainerd.
- Explore efficiencies with other HRA’s in Crow Wing County.
4. Lead the revitalization efforts in downtown Brainerd.
- Identify and support signature projects in downtown Brainerd.
- Solicit and support developers for downtown Brainerd.
- Support a downtown coordinator position.
- Continue to support Brainerd Restoration efforts.
- Assist and financially support existing and new downtown businesses through rehab, acquisition and other programs.
5. Continue to maintain and grow the overall health of the organization.
- Review policies annually to ensure they are up to date.
- Explore staffing needs and capacity.
- Plan for succession and cross training.